So I now find myself at the half way point …
of the Nagademo 2012 event. Due to lack of time (work) and me being unwell, I haven’t done anywhere as much work as I would have liked on my Whirly Whirly Game Concept. I have decided to re-assess my situation and am now changing the nature of my project.
I really like my concept for Whirly Whirly and feel that I can not give it the time or justice that it deserves so am shelving it for a later date.
The new project is a collaboration with local New Zealand Musicians, Von Thundersvolt. We spoke a few months ago, while sloshed at a party, about creating a retro inspired game to promote their band. They wanted a tribute to Space Invaders, but with lightning bolts!
Details are still being worked out but in summary:
- A free to play casual game available on a web based browser and also as a stand alone download for Pc & Mac.
- 2D Space Shooter inspired by classic 80’s games such as Space Invaders and Galaga.
- Built with the Unity 3D Engine.
- Playing Character is a simplified representation of the band, Von Thundersvolt, aboard a floating vehicle.
- Enemies are Corporate Tycoons who are trying to suck away the band’s creativity & convert it into cold hard cash.
- Possible “Bosses” for end levels include:
- Event Managers who throw sexy women, booze & drugs at them to distract & destroy them.
- Reporters hitting them with reports of public scandals
- Crappy Boy bands, etc…
- The band defend themselves by destroying the enemy with lightning bolts.
- Game incorporates the band’s music & hopefully, a lot of cheesy humour for the player’s enjoyment.
- more details to come…
For more information about the musicians I am collaborating with to create this game…
for a free download of some of their awesome songs:
© 2012 Joanne Pranee McKinlay
© 2012 Von Thundersvolt
This work by Pranee McKinlay is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.